Friday, January 2, 2009

Odds and Ends of a New Year

Happy New Year to all my faithful followers--at last count ZERO?

Anyway, I'm just back from a trip to Utah with my Son and Daughter in Law. Had lots of fun, but a little sad as it was also the first Christmas I didn't spend any of it with my daughter (and Son in law).

Great things about 2009:

No longer will we have to see those stupid glasses with the 00 in the middle for eyes with a 2 on the left and the current year on the right. They were cute in 2000 but annoying ever since then. Although I'm sure someone is going to come up for a design next year for the two 0's in 2010.

Obama will finally take office, and maybe people will stop using the words hope and change in reference to him. I get it that he's a fresh face, and I hope he does well, but anybody that expects "hope" and/or "change" from their government is fooling themselves and is frankly a little disturbing. Change in government is rarely a good thing. Seriously, if you need and hope and want to change something--start with yourself in your own community. That's where we can all affect it and can be quite effective at it. And with things going so bad right now, everyone matters.

The MLB channel launched yesterday. I hope it's an alternative to watching cutesy ESPN and Fox Sports personalities. Saw a little today, and if nothing else, should be a great teacher of baseball history in the offseason for the greatest sport ever invented.

More later....for now Continue enjoying the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment