Sunday, January 4, 2009

Home Remodeling

For a long time I thought my wife watched too many of those home remodeling shows on the various TV networks that had them. But now she's wrapping up a project in our house, and I have to say the results are wonderful. I just don't understand how those TV shows do it in a half-hour. It's taken her about three months.

Here is what she did: We had linoleum flooring in the main floor powder room/laundry room/garage entrance. She wanted to put Ceramic Tile down on the floor and repaint. She's also been wanting to put in a pocket door between the laundry part of the room and the powder room.

She enlisted the help of Jann, a friend who has been in construction pretty much her whole life. After painting and pulling up the linoleum, they decided to tackle the pocket door. That involved pulling out the existing partial wall that was there, moving the light switch and putting up a new wall with the pocket door frame.

Then they finished the tiling. The tiles are yellowish brown and are 12" She offset them, so it wasn't a straight pattern and it looks pretty awesome. Then the actual pocket door went in. They used a panel door instead of a flat door and it makes it look a lot more elegant.

Yesterday, they put up much of the molding and the sink is back in. They are telling me that I might have the toilet back in there by Wednesday.

It looks really nice, and I'm glad I was away for most of the construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment