Thursday, October 22, 2009

Only took 9 months

On January 22nd, I was informed that I would be laid off by my former company.   On October 22nd, I was officially offered a position that I would accept. It was actually my 2nd offer, but the first one wouldn't start until early December, and would be back on the east coast.

It has been a long and sometimes frustrating process, but in the end, I got most of what I wanted.  I will be working with a new version of the software that I have been using for 25 years, as well as an increase in pay from the last time I was working (although fewer benefits),  and I will be working near home without travelling out of town every week.  All in all not a bad deal. 

More details will be coming, but the anticipated start date is November 2nd.

2 comments: