Friday, July 3, 2009

Isabella is here!


Nothing is as exciting as a newborn baby, especially in your family. I remember the days that each of my children were born, and I wouldn't trade being there for anything else that I've done in my life.

Today marks the culmination of a huge journey for my son and his wife as the miracle that they have been praying for for several years made her entrance into the world this morning at 7:58 AM Mountain time.

About a year and a half ago, just around Christmas, 2007, they started applying for adoption, and were approved to adopt in the spring of 2008. Then came the waiting, for someone to choose them and allow them to raise their baby. As mentioned in an earlier post this year, they found someone in March and have spent much time getting to know each other a little bit over the past few months.

Today Isabella Harmony arrived. Isabella is the name my son and daughter-in-law chose, and Harmony is the name the birth parents chose forever giving her a bond with both families. The sacrifice of the birth parents will be longed remembered, as they have given us all a gift.

Welcome Isabella! I'm proud and very gruntled to be your Grandfather and I can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment