Friday, June 12, 2009

24--Season 7 Wrap Up

My wife and I have never watched 24 as it is shown on a week to week basis. It's always been some kind of watching it in blocks at the end of the season or after the season. I'm not really sure how people watch it on a week to week basis. In Season 6 we tried watching 4 hours one night a week for 6 weeks ending at the end of May when the season ended. That was very difficult.

After watching Season 7, it will probably be our last. Even though my hour by hour depiction was slightly off, but most of what I predicted would happen, happened, it's obviously too predictable and formulaic.

It was nice to have the geek contest between Chloe and Janice. Agent Walker was a nice addition and watching her evolution of being appalled by Jack's methods to using some of them was interesting. Apparently she will be on again next year.

I also realize that you have to suspend a certain amount of belief in nature's laws, as you do in most action movies as well, but the Tony is alive scenario was absurd to begin with and his cross, double cross, triple cross (and possibly a quadruple cross) got old, and made the whole storyline more absurd than normal. In retrospect some of his actions earlier make no sense in light of his character at the end.

The most amazing thing about the whole show was the fact that NO SATELLITES WERE REPOSTIONED during the entire 24 hours!!!!

For those of you who continue to enjoy this show, continue on, but for me I'm done with it (at least until next June.)

No comments:

Post a Comment